Sunday, October 28, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...



Well... it's not looking like Christmas yet, but it sure is time to get those Christmas cards ready!! I am so behind... if I think about it too much I get all anxious and itchy. This card is part of the Sketch Challenge from last week over at SCS (SC146). If you haven't tried the challenges over at Splitcoast, you really should check it out. The challenges provide so much inspiration and starting points for cards, scrapbook pages, etc. This card uses one of Stampin' Up's level one hostess sets. I wasn't able to get a very good picture of this card.. but I wanted to share anyways. I used the Dashing DP for the background that is matted with real red and very vanilla. The image is from Sidekick Sayings which is a hostess set. (If you live in the Nashville, TN area, feel free to contact me to set up a party so that you can earn a hostess set.) The image is stamped in basic gray ink. The tree is colored in with old olive and the brads are the fire rhinestone brads from Stampin' Up. It is hard to tell from the picture, but i used a mixture of the red and yellow rhinestone brads. The star at the top of the tree is covered in glitter and the main image is popped up on dimensionals. I also used a mini library clip from the Holiday Mini in silver. The ribbon is non-SU red organdy ribbon. Thanks for looking. Have a great week.

1 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hum...I've been itchy today...maybe it has something to do with the fact that I get home on December 16! Yikes! I have to shop online again this year.

You've been busy, Maggie! I am loving all your cards!!!