Sunday, October 28, 2007

A True Friend is You Friend


This design layout is from Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. It is always good for me to check out challenges when I lack inspiration. This is a Z-fold card. Beate also has a tutorial for this on her blog. This was my first Z-fold card and I will definitely be making more of these. I used the True Friend Set from the Holiday Mini Catalog. This stamp set is available through November 30 so contact me if you want to order. The paper is the Apple Cider DP and it coordinates with the stamp set. Gotta love anything that makes designing cards easier :) . The card base is made of Wild Wasabi Card stock. I also used River Rock and Really Rust Card stock for matting. The main image is stamped on Whisper white in River Rock and several of the panels are distressed with River Rock ink and a makeup sponge. On the back designer paper I stamped the smaller flower image from the set in river rock a few times to enhance the background. The sentiment reads "A true friend is you friend" in Really Rust ink. This is easily read when the card is closed. Pewter Brads are used around the sentiment and there is quite a bit of paper piercing. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, love the colours

Samm said...

This is lovely! love the colours!

Samm
x

Jen said...

Love the distressing and paper piercing!